Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sixth Image Of Sri Bala


SRI BALA CHARANAM

SIXTH IMAGE.

VERSE NO: 47 ( SRI BALA ANDHADHI).

TO REMOVE MALEFIC EFFECTS OF THE NINE PLANETS ( NAVAGRAHAS).

Can a day be classified as either auspicious or not?
Can mal alignment of planets in horoscopes really affect your life?
When you enter the Peetam where Bala reigns with happiness and childish joy
Diseases can never bother you
Even a poisonous scorpion will exit from this place
Emitting sweet honey, instead!
All sorrow and worries, will walk out
Murmuring in protest as they fully disappear from your life!


BALA’S MESSAGE:

“ Never entertain Fear in your hearts when I am here to take care of you. When I am trying to enter your heart and sit there, how can you entertain an unwelcome guest? Banish all fears and worries. Don’t fall into the trap of astrologers and soothsayers who point out various defects in your horoscope and ask you to perform innumerable rituals to negate the adverse effects of planets in your life. Believe in me. Come to my peetam and get instantly cured of all your diseases and worries. I know what is affecting you now. I am also aware of what is going to happen to you in the future. Whatever happens to you in this lifetime, after you have reached my feet, will be entirely in my hands. Whatever I give, no one can prevent. Remember, whatever I don’t grant, none can give you!”


My thoughts on the painting.

This is a painting of Sri Bala in her “kavacham”. There is an interesting story about how this tiny armour or “kavacham”, studded with precious stones, was given to Sri Bala Peetam. Sri Bala appeared in the dream of a devout person living in Coimbatore and requested him to make this tiny dress for her in gold, embellished with stones. Now, this man had never been to Nemili and had no idea of the exact size of this tiny , sacred image of Sri Bala. However, he did make a small, stiff, skirt-like ornament, with the two hands stretched downwards, as you can see in my drawing. He brought it all the way to Sri Bala Peetam. It was no surprise that this Kavacham was a perfect fit!
It was Sri Bala’s specific request that I should paint her in this posture, standing on a shining, golden lotus. The moment I finished this painting and stepped back to view it, Sri Bala seemed to come to life and gave me a fleeting, mischievous smile! This is one of my favourite paintings in the set of 13 images I have completed!

Sri Bala Charanam.

Absolutely no doubt that Sri Bala is completely “alive” in this image. Ask her whatever you want and it shall be granted immediately!

February 22, 2009.
SRI BALA CHARANAM.

No comments: